Love God & Love Each Other

Matt. 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. 
These verses are very important & have a lot of meaning. God created us in his own image. He made us all unique & when we put ourselves down, I believe we’re putting the Lord down as well. We need to uplift ourselves & uplift each other. We also need to pray for one another. 
This is where the 2nd great commandment comes in, we need to love our neighbor as ourself. Jesus is not just talking about our next door neighbor, he’s talking about everyone we come in contact with. Even the people we don’t know. We need to love & show love to everyone. 
Sometimes I struggle with this, because it’s hard to show love to someone who is mean, who talks about me behind my back or worse is mean to my kids. That’s when the Momma Bear comes out & it’s not pretty. 
But as the Bible says in Ephesians 4:32, And be ye kind one to another, tender hearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you. 
Forgiving one another goes right along with the 1st & 2nd great Commandments. There are times the Devil tries to bring things up from my past, whether it be through someone else or in my own mind. Jesus died for ALL of our sins! That is something to rejoice about! As long as we admit we’re a sinner, ask Jesus into our heart, repent of our sins (repent means to turn away) he has forgiven us & we’re a new person through Christ the Lord! That makes me want to shout all over! 
With that being said, Jesus went through so much heartache in his time on Earth. His friends denied him, sold him out & the same people that threw palm branches at his feet when he came into Jerusalem wanted him dead within a week. Yet he still Preached love. Love ourselves, love each other but most importantly love the Lord & put him first in everything. 
When we put the Lord first, he’ll take care of us in more ways than we could ever imagine. 

Lord Jesus, I am so thankful for your love & grace through my life. Please help me to keep you first in my life & show love to everyone I come in contact with from day to day. Help me to be a shining light & witness for you. In Jesus name I pray, Amen! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peanut Butter Fudge

Cabbage & Polska Kielbasa Sausages